5.18.2011

L*E*G*G*I*N*G*S

In the midst of our Fundraiser we are still going to promote our Baby Legs Project...
You remember all about that right?
Okay so maybe you don't or maybe you are new... Either way... here is the story again...
Since Makenize Passed away in December 2009 I have been determined to continue to make a difference in her name. To show the world how amazing she is and that she is truly an inspiration. To show everyone a different way to look at life and this world. I want to do something that will help other children in Kenzie's situation feel loved, feel comforted and know they are not alone. I want them to know angels are with them. The children's hospital is a different place. The people are different, the environment is different the spirit is different. Unfortunately many families walk out those door without the most important part of their life with them. To many people have to look death in the eye. To many people have to experience mass amounts of suffering. These children are going through so much. Whether they have a terminal disease, a trauma or a mystery diagnosis. They are living a life most will never experience. They are fighting and they are fighting hard. When I started this project I said my goal was 150 leggings. I thought Ehh.. Ill be able to donate a couple, a few people will enjoy them and it will be a way for others to know Makenzie. My goal then increased to 1500 leggings in the 2010 donation.
We ended up donating 1831 pairs of adorable baby leggings to Primary Children's Medical Center in SLC Utah.
My goal is to simply help every child I can at PCMC to feel some peace and comfort and bring even a little smile to their day. These leggings represent hope to me. They represent love far beyond what anyone here on earth could give. They represent happiness. .... Quite a bit from a pair of socks right :)
Kenzie Baby Leggings was created to honor her but its grown into honoring everyone else as well. The amount of support I have seen through this project is overwhelming. Its empowering. Its inspiring. To see everyone come together.
So about these leggings...Whats great is you can not only wear them on your legs but your arms, your hands or feet... They will keep you warm- seriously those rooms are freezing.
and
They are so freaking stylish!
Through the month of October I will be collecting donations for our delivery on
December 13 2011.
They can come in the form of knee high adults socks that I can make into leggings or already made baby leggings. On December 13 2011 they will be donated to Primary Children's hospital in Salt Lake City Utah.

*Here are some examples of the adult KNEE high socks that can be donated. They need to be fun/funky/different patterns or solid colors (no boring white please) *For these socks, I was planning on sewing them myself along with some family members that have offered to help but if you would like to help sew them- please email me and ill send you the instructions and patterns. (I promise, its really easy) *You can buy these socks at numerous places. I get them at target because they are only $2. *If you will be sending these socks or money donations please have them to me no later than November 1st so I can have enough time to sew them. You can email me for my address. * If you are going to sew them yourself please have them to me no later than December 1st so I can have enough time to package them.
*These are the already made-nothing else to do but stick those cute things on a pair of fat, plump, or skinny legs. *You can buy these at target, walmart, kid to kid, any baby boutique or online at http://www.babylegs.com/. They are a bit more expensive (around $8-$10) a pair but there is no work to be done and they fit for quite a bit longer than the homemade leggings.
I have received a few notes from some amazing families that have received a pair of the leggings from last years donation and you wont believe how much it means to them. We need to keep this love and support going.
Please pass this along. Please post it to your blog if you could. We want to collect more leggings than we did last year!
and that is a BIG number.
I know there were others around the country that donated leggings to their local children's hospital. We want to give every child something to smile about. Something to make their day a little brighter. If you would like to donate to a Children's hospital in your area instead of sending them to us. I would ask you to include our little letter with each pair of leggings. If you have any questions please send me an email anytime. Ill answer as quickly as possible!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be happy to help with the leggins again. I read her story again today and am so grateful I knew her, held her, kissed her, loved her, and hoped for her and for you and Ryan. I will continue to love her and love you and Ryan. Your future is bright, even though it may not seem so. There is much work to be done (more leggins...more Kenzie events, more life), and you and Ryan will continue to honor her life by living your lives to the fullest. Whatever happens, she will be watching over you and her daddy every step of the way. She will continue to hope for you as we all do that life will be good to you and your new hopes and dreams will come true. She made your dreams come true already by her coming into your lives. She stayed but a brief moment but did so much in that brief time. She taught all of us about having strength, how to love each other more, how to forgive, how to hope, and for me.... she taught me to never give up in spite of difficulties and challenges. I love you guys. Auntie M

The Johnson's said...

My daughter and I just found your blog when we read about your bringing leggings to our little friend Maggie Coleman. Well, my Elisabeth is known for wearing funky knee highs with just about everything, and she would love to help make some baby leggings, she totally gets how happy a pair of cute socks/leggings can make you feel! Please email us the instructions, she wants to put together some sort of service project. Our email is miahx4@hotmail.com and her blog is lizzieannesadventures.blogspot.com